Interac Email Money Transfer
interac EMAIL MONEY TRANSFER – JUST LIKE SENDING CASH, ONLY NOW IT’S DONE ELECTRONICALLY
Interac Email Money Transfers are a simple, convenient, and secure way to send and receive money directly from one bank account to another. All you need is access to online banking, and you can send money to anyone with an email address and a bank account in Canada — without sharing any personal or financial information. It's a great alternative to cheques and cash.
To complete the transfer simply log into your online banking. Under the transfer section, there will be an option to send an Interac Email Money Transfer. Enter the amount of your order and send it to the email address provided with your order. Please remember to set the answer to the secret question to a word we provided with your order, as we the receiver have to answer that question to receive the funds.
If you cannot find the Interac Email Money Transfer option on your online banking, please call the 800 number on the back of your bank card and they will help you complete your transaction.
How your Interac Email Money Transfer is protected
With Interac Email Money Transfers, your money never actually travels by email. Email is only used to notify the recipient and to provide them with instructions on how to deposit money. Your financial institution and your recipient’s financial institution transfer funds using established and secure banking procedures.
Interac Email Money Transfers rely on several security measures
- Encryption technology
- Confidential user IDs and passwords issued by financial institutions
- A secure login process
- A security question and answer to ensure only the intended recipient receives the money
- 128-bit browser encryption
The benefits of Interac Email Money Transfer
- Send money directly from and to your existing bank account
- There's no need to share personal or financial information, allowing you to keep your address, phone number and account information private
- No need to set up new accounts, user ID or passwords — you're already in online banking
Tracking your transfer
As a sender - Interac Email Money Transfer confirmation numbers are saved in your online banking history. In addition, you will receive an email notification once the intended recipient has accepted the transfer.